Urine stains on your mattress are very common if you have a pet or a kid. Urine stains should be taken care of as soon as possible neglecting urine stain removal will not only result in a bad odour but also will lead to the contamination of your mattress. Urine odour is very gross and repulsive and will hamper your overall sleep quality and air purity. Urine stains will lead to the growth of bacteria and germs which will affect your health and the health of your loved ones. MAke sure you get your routine mattress cleaning done on time and follow this guide for urine stain removal from mattress and urine odour removal from the mattress.
Things required for urine odour removal:
- Spare clothes or paper towels
- Baking Soda or Borax
- Distilled white vinegar
- Vacuum Cleaner
- May use commercial products or mattress deodorizer
- Step 1: Fresh urine stains on the mattress should be blotted with a paper to remove the fluid present inside. After removing extra fluid you should pour a little amount of white vinegar on the urine stain and dampen the mattress a little. Saturate the stain with vinegar and leave it as it is for a few minutes. You will see the urine stain getting fade slowly.
- Step 2: After the urine stain is dry and faded away you will need baking soda for urine odour removal from the mattress. You can also use borax or boric acid as well. Sprinkle a lot of baking soda on the urine stain and use your fingers or a blunt object to tap the over the baking soda so as to make sure that it reaches deep inside the mattress and let it merge with the vinegar left in the stain. Leave it there for few hours depending upon the intensity of urine odour and stain.
- Step 3: After a few hours you will notice the formation of clumps and chunks of baking soda and vinegar. Remove this caking of soda on the mattress by a brush or you can use a vacuum cleaner, run it over the chunks and clean your mattress thoroughly.
- Step 4: Commercial products can also be used for mattress deodorisation and baking soda will also help in mattress sanitization too.
Hiring Marks Cleaning, Australia
Hiring a professional mattress cleaning service like Marks Cleaning will make sure that urine stain removal is done professionally and efficiently. Our team of experts uses the latest equipment and tools to deliver your routine mattress cleaning and by using eco-friendly products we will also take care of mattress deodorisation and urine odour removal too. Call us for bookings and visit our website for more information.